Monday, November 14, 2011

Secret Santa

So kids, I've started this post about 6 times already. Each time, I start adding pictures, making it pretty, and I realize that I've just made public someone's Christmas gift, be it my co-workers, friends, family. You name it. Well, that won't work.

Pretty much all I've been doing lately is making presents. Constantly. Mostly at work. Sometimes, I find myself making something, and I realize I haven't even picked a person to give it to yet!! Not that that's a bad thing. The more the merrier! What I'm really excited about it that, this year, I've pledged to give only things that are handmade.

That's right.  Now you can't say you don't like my gift, because you'll crush my inner child. And you don't want that on your conscience. It's been really fun, and challenging, to try and think of appropriate gifts for everyone. Some of them have been shockingly inexpensive ( the least expensive were about 8 cents each, because I am a hoarder and only had to spend $1 in materials for 12 gifts) which means I can splurge in some other places (I tremble in fear of the mailing costs for sending my niece's gift...) 

But let me share with you my deepest, darkest holiday secret...

I am terrible at keeping secrets. 

Really, truly terrible. I mean, it's taken me how many times to not blow my own cover, ON MY BLOG, let alone just letting it slip in conversation.

So, dear readers, I can safely say that, until the holiday season is over, my crafting posts will most likely me kept to a minimum.

Instead, I plan to thrill you with pictures of breathtaking scenery, musings on the transitory nature of the seasons, delectable culinary creations, and, of course, ridiculous animal pictures. Ok, mostly ridiculous animal pictures.

To start off, let's see what happens when Sarah hits the sale racks at PetsMart.

This is the face of unmitigated hatred. And resignation.
Sebastian is a normally easy-going cat, who loves to be rough handled. Apparently, he does not enjoy being dressed up like a court jester. Intriguing.

Secondly, we've come again to the time of year where Boo Boo the Angora Bunny needs a trim. Like whoa. Boo pretty much ran wild in the basement, and unfortunately the basement had a lot of room in which to run. He's not really hot on sitting around for long periods to be brushed (petted, yes) and he especially hates having his hind quarters touched in any way. So he was unbelievably matted, and I've been meaning to trim him forever. But sometimes, I end up with a bunny looking like this. 
For the love of God.
Like I said, he doesn't like his rear to be touched. Halfway through his trim, he took off like, well, a rabbit. Eventually, I caught him and got most of it done, but let this be a lesson to you. I'm not exactly sure what lesson that is, but learn it well!

Have a good start to your week guys!
~Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment