Monday, November 28, 2011

Bad Blogger

Hey guys! Long time no blog. My bad, but I honestly haven't been on a computer since Tuesday last week, and I have to say it felt really good!

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving holiday! I went and visited my friends Jordan and Jackson out in Bowling Green for a few days and ate dinner with their family. I brought along my mother's famous chocolate pudding pie, which came out absolutely dreamy with all the milk and cream from Miriam :-)
 It was the best lard crust I ever made, even though I ended up having to use a wine bottle as a rolling pin! I think I left mine at my previous house. Need to get that.

For black friday, we went thrift shopping at a (not-so) little place called Grandma's Attic, right down the street from their house. I'm mildly obsessed with that place, and usually end up spending way more than I intend to! This time I made it out at about $20, which is awesome for me, and I'm sure I will thrill you with all of my finds in my next post ;-) We also hit Lowe's, and I scored a Dremel (which I've been drooling over) and a HUGE kit of drill bits and screwdriver bits. That's what kind of girl I am. We spent the rest of the day re-painting their living room from a pumpkin orange to a limestone grey. It was a good day. All of the days included snuggles with this lovely lady:

Miss Kenton. She's a doll. Couldn't get enough of her. Forgot how funny kittens are to watch.

Other than that, the end of the week passed with a lot of coffee, conversation, and knitting with friends.
It was a good one.

Now that I'm back home, the holiday decorating has started in earnest! I decorated my window upstairs with some crocheted snowflakes.

I also have a christmas cactus there on the left, which I'm pretty excited about. You can see what I've finally come up for as far as window treatments go. I hate having my blinds down all the time (I like the light, and the cats and dog just trash them trying to look out the window.) I've been trying to come up with something that wouldn't have to be pulled shut every day, but would block the view from the rest of the neighbors (my window looks right over the front of our building.) What I came up with is to literally contact paper the bottom half with "clear" contact paper, which isn't clear at all but gives the window a frosted look. I'm quite pleased with it, and now I can wander around in a towel all I want! Hurray!

Last of all, I finally have a craft project I can share, since it isn't a present! Using the idea from this blog I made these adorable milk jug snowmen for the circulation counter!
Their faces are just construction paper. The ear muffs are yarn pom poms I made and a zip tie that's just stuck in to two slots I cut in the jug. The hat is part of a knee sock. I just cut the toe off (good use for all those single socks languishing in the closet) and tied a the top with a ribbon. The scarf is just a braided bit of yarn. Of course, they wouldn't be any fun unless...
THEY LIT UP!

Isn't that adorable? I just cut out little square flaps in the backs (just cut three sides so you can close it back up), shoved some lights inside, and viola! A festive holiday scene for the circulation desk, complete with some withdrawn books and poinsettias ;-)

Hope you all have a happy Monday!
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment