Sunday, November 20, 2011

Through My Eyes

We are living in a digital world, no doubt about that. I can remember my first digital camera, bought my sophomore year of high school, was a jaw-dropping 1.4 mega pixels. Today, this is considered a dinosaur, and my phone takes better pictures than that. I have a digital camera, but it all honesty, it's so much more work to download and move pictures from a digital camera, let alone the fact that as soon as you buy a camera it's obsolete, so 9 times out of 10 I end up using my phone to take pictures (including those for this blog.) With that in mind, I was fascinated when I found a link to photojojo's interchangeable lenses for iPhone. No kidding, these people make camera accessories for mobile phones, amongst a ton of other things. It's like living in an episode of the Jetsons. When I saw their macro/wide-angle lens, I knew I had to have it. The telescopic and fish eye lenses looked fun too, but not as useful in every day life. And so, I ordered.

Like 3 days later, I check my tracking number and HUZZAH! It was in Waco! From South Dakota! And I shipped the slowest possible! HOLLA. I got really excited. I checked my mail. Nothing. I had my old roommate check a few days later. Nothing. I thought maybe it was being forwarded to my new address, even though I sent it to my PO Box. Nothing. FINALLY, today, it made its way into my PO Box, and old roomie brought it to me at work. Thanks, Waco Post Office... Gah.

Anyway, I immediately tore into the package, which bore this hilarious label:

I thought it was hilarious. And then I opened it and realized it was because they actually include a dinosaur toy. I. Was. Ecstatic. I <3 you, photojojo. It also proved useful for playing with the lenses!! And so, I give you the comparisons!

Here, we see Dino's face, au iPhone natural:




Yeah, what is that?

Now, with the lens!



What!!?? For serious. It's that good. And I didn't even bother to really hold still or make an effort at taking a good picture (I'm at the desk at work, playing with this excitedly and hurriedly.) That lens is totally worth it. I can't wait to play with it more! I especially can't wait to try it out with my fishtank!

The lens is a two parter, and comes with the wide-angle too. I didn't really care much about that one, it was just kind of a bonus, but it seems really neat too!

Here's before:
You can see I am very busy.

And now with the lens:
Holy crap! That's held in the same position. And you can see Mr. Dino there at the bottom now! Amazing! The only downside is that you can see the edge of the lens because of the curve of the phone, but I knew that before I bought it (they state it on their site, which is really nice.)

All in all, I am more than pleased, and I can't wait to play with it more!

Two thumbs up to photojojo!
~Sarah 






No comments:

Post a Comment