Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A little holiday pick me up!

I love smoothies! They are wonderful when you need a quick energy pick me up, and during the holidays who couldn't use one. I use frozen fruit usually from the freezer section of Walmart. I do this because its convenient... I know, bad hippie.... I also adore my single serve blender! There are like 20 bucks at your local big box store! So here is my super easy smoothie recipe, around a cup or more of frozen fruit, 1 cup of milk, 2 tsp. sugar, and Greek Honey Yogurt! Yup, that easy! Right now, as I type this I am enjoying a Mango smoothie!

And now for today's holiday recipe! In the thought of being easy here is a great super simple cake recipe!

Ingredients
1 Angel Food cake mix
1 20oz can of crushed pineapple
ingredients
That’s it. Seriously.
Directions
1. Pour cake mix into bowl.
dry in
2. Add pineapple, with juice.
pineapple
3. Mix for however long your cake mix box tells you to.
mix
4. Pour into an ungreased tube cake pan OR two loaf pans. You can buy the disposable loaf pans at the grocery store if you don’t have a ridiculous cake pan collection like I do. It’s a sickness.
in pan
5. Bake according to the box directions. The top (or bottom, technically) should be golden brown. This is not a cake you want to undercook. You need to turn the cake upside down as soon as you take it out of the oven and let it cool completely. Or turn it upside down just after you took a picture of it. I swear, I flipped it.
baked
6. Once it’s completely cooled, run a knife around the edge, turn your cake pan upside down to release the cake.
cake

No comments:

Post a Comment