Thursday, December 1, 2011

When the laptop is down everything goes to poo. I'm back now though!

Sorry I haven't been posting, but my laptop has been in the shop. I am back up and running now, and I have a great craft that is semi inexpensive... Mine cost me around 10 dollars, which is pretty cheap compared to how expensive it looks. Everything for it is from my favorite place, the dollar store! The craft is a Christmas Tree Ball ornament wreath. I am not going to post the full on tutorial for it this evening, plus it has already been done, here is the link http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2008/12/no-wire-hangers-well-maybe-just-one.html Here is a pic of my completed project, and some pics of all of my Christmas decor!!!



Today's special cookie recipe looks sooo yummy, I think I am definitely going to put it on my to bake list. 
Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1 chai tea bag
  • 1 (17.5-oz.) package sugar cookie mix
  • 1/2 cup melted butter 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 4 tablespoons eggnog, divided 
  • Parchment paper
  • Cinnamon sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Preparation

  • 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove tea leaves from tea bag; discard bag.
  • 2. Stir together tea leaves, cookie mix, butter, egg, and 2 Tbsp. eggnog until well blended.
  • 3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar.
  • 4. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 10 minutes).
  • 5. Whisk together powdered sugar, nutmeg, and remaining 2 Tbsp. eggnog until smooth. Spoon over cooled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment