Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Better late than never!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Late again. It's genetic.

Anyway! I was late posting because yesterday was a super-full day! It's been our fall break for the past 4 days, and, man, I sure got the most out of it yesterday.

The morning was spent moving the chickens to a more portable (and higher up) coop out on *T and *J's property (thanks, again guys for hosting my babies!) *J went on a coop bender and knocked out an AWESOME coop from pretty much scrap materials (I think the roof was the only new thing.) It looks pretty fantastic, though I say so myself. *J is the man.





Gonna check on them tonight when I get off work and see how the first night went. They seemed a little confused about the second storey part... Never said chickens were smart! This gives them extra run space though, and a permanent covered spot (not just ghetto tarp!)

The rest of the day was spent picking pumpkins with a few of my favorite ladies! (real ones, not chicken ones!) Got some pretty ones (although not all these. Some of them just wandered with me while I was deciding.)




A blast was had by all, and the dump dress made it back to a farm!



I liked that little farm so much, I emailed the owner to see if they need volunteers! Fingers crossed that they do!

Other than that, I've just been plotting planting garlic in the large blue Ikea shopping bags, and maybe some kale for a winter garden!

Fall has definitely made it here. Campus is beautiful.


Hope the season's changing is as lovely where you are!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment