Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wrapped pens! And Twin stuffs!!!

Hey blog world sorry I have been MIA, but there hasn't been a whole lot going on lately. But today I have changed all that with 2 awesome crafts!!! One is purely a Dollar Store craft that will cost you about 3.00, the other costs a little bit more but is an awesome shower gift! Ok without further adieu here are the pics and tutorials and maybe a little bit of Awwww mixed in! Seeya Sunday!!!!

First Up is flower pens, we have all seen these too cute pens at the Drs. Office or in the Salon. I decided it would be nice to give these to my scout parents during the girls investiture ceremony as a thank you for investing in their daughters. This is the Dollar Store craft everything you need other than the glue gun and cutters will cost around $3.00.
What you need:
Cap Pens, Opaque Tape, Silk Flowers, Glue Gun, and Cutters
Step 1: Uncap pens and make sure they all work before anything else.
Step 2: Cut the flowers off as flush as you can get them to the bottom of the flower.
Step 3: Wrap the pens from where the tapered writing end starts, wrap tightly and diagonally.
Step 4: When you are done wrapping put a drop of hot glue on the end of the pen and attach silk flower.
Step 5: Arrange Flower Pens in a mason jar or vase and enjoy!


Most of you readers don't know this but I am not so patiently awaiting the arrival of my identical twin nephews! I am super excited and have finally started buying things and crafting for them! At every shower I go to, be it a baby shower or house warming there is always a gift that is left out. Laundry Baskets! So at most every shower I am invited to attend I make one of my signature Laundry Baskets with flare and fill them with all sorts of fun stuff! And just because they are twins, doesn't mean everything has to be the same. Their room is going to be jungle/safari themed so I did one basket in Giraffe print, and the other in Leopard print.This craft will run you a bit more than the first craft I was able to do the 2 for the twins for around $14.00 and that's only because I found the actual baskets on sale at Michael's for $5.00.

Laundry Baskets With Flare!
What you Will Need:
Wicker Laundry Basket, Ribbon
Step 1: Remove All ribbon from the spool.
Step 2:Start in the Middle of the front of the basket. Leaving about 6 inches of ribbon dangling from the start, wrap ribbon around the openings at the top of the basket.
Step 3: When you have made it all the way around, even up the ribbon ends.
Step 4: Tye ribbon ends into a small bow.



No comments:

Post a Comment