Thursday, October 6, 2011

Food Show, yes please!

So, not a whole lot of excitement happening around here this week! I've been kind of taking it easy after bruising myself beyond belief and pulling all my muscles moving.

Today, I went and saw Richard Dawkins speak on campus. I've always liked him since I read The God Delusion as an undergrad, but his new book, which is geared towards children and young adults, looks awesome. I'll have to get my hands on it! He was a charming old British guy (hearing him talk about the Goldilocks little bear and its "porridge" just about made me squeal.) I really liked him, his sense of humor, and everything he had to say. I'd highly recommend him.

I've also been reading The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I read the first one in a night! I'm on Catching Fire right now, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through. Pretty exciting so far! Can't wait to get to the last one. They're actually the first books I purchased on my Kindle. On a side note, irritated about the new Kindle Fire. Ugh.

Lastly, no pictures for this post, but Saturday is the Incredible Food Show in Lexington, and I plan on totally pigging out with friends! Expect lots of good things!

Later!!

~Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment