Saturday, August 27, 2011

What day is it anyway?

Hey, y'all!

It's been a busy week here in the Bluegrass! I've switched schedules to third shift because work is just insane, and now I'm off Fridays and Saturdays (although I'm working and it's Saturday... what gives!) All this craziness means I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DAY IT IS EVER. So please excuse my 12 hour tardy posting. I'll try to get better.

So this week has been pretty tame, as far as the night shift goes. I've gotten a lot of time to just sit around and craft and talk to people, pretty much my favorite things. Some things I've worked on:





I've made a lot of wash cloths. I actually made two of these, and finished another one I had started a while ago in an organic cotton, which is deeelish. These are a cotton/acrylic Cascade, and I really like it. They wash well too.





I made a rag ball with some of the scraps from my men's shirt dishtowel project. I'll add more too it, and hopefully make a rug. I know I cut out more napkins and dish towels (I have one set out of 4 completed), but I honestly can't find them right now... Time to clean I guess.





This morning, I took my frustrations out on making paper mache teacups. At least the bones are put together. I'll paper mache it when I get home. It's been de-sensitized, for your safety, according to the picture ;-)

In un-crafty but still home-y news, a co-worker and I are thinking about moving in together next month. I've been going through home buying classes and applying for a mortgage, but it's a tough time to have almost no credit lines open :-/ Just in case I get rejected *again*, Codename L and I went and looked at two apartments in Lexington last night, and fell in love with this kitchen





It's a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath in a great location, and he was only a little shocked by the number of cats (we told him we each had two pets to make it seem a little less like I'm a crazy cat lady.) It's definitely at the top of our budget, but it's lovely.




Crown moulding, FTW. It also has a garage!? The landlord said he would hold it for us if we put the deposit down, and he wouldn't list it until he hear yay or nay from us, which should be as soon as I hear back from the bank reviewing my loan! Unfortunately, I couldn't bring the chickens with me, but I think I might have a place to keep them at a friend's house in exchange for oodles of eggs :-) FINGERS CROSSED ON EVERYTHING, either house or apartment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment