Sunday, August 14, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Today dear readers, I am going to talk you you about meal plans. Its not as glam as actual food products, but they are so useful! It doesn't matter if you are single or married, they keep a little order in the world. The example I am going to use is my actual meal plan for the next couple weeks. You can of course do them weekly, monthly, or as I do biweekly. The main thing to remember when using meal plans is, be flexible, just because it says on Tuesday we are having some kind of chicken that doesn't mean you have to eat chicken, you can have something else on your meal plan or go out. I think that is the main hiccup with most people, meal plans are not rigid, they can constantly change and evolve. I started keeping meal plans right after Cheyenne was born and I started running out of time and energy to run to the store every time I found something that we were out of that I wanted to make.
First things first, write down all of your or your family's favorite meals, these are your base that you can reuse on a normal basis. After you have these gathered you can start adding meals that you want to try. I usually write mine out in a notebook, but for this blog entry I went ahead and typed out everything. In a perfect world, I would have been able to load my excel doc. But, its not a perfect world.
Once you have everything written down, it time to make your grocery list. That, I am not putting up because its sooo long this go round. When writing out your grocery list check to see what is in the pantry, freezer, and fridge, if you have it don't buy it.
Well guys this is my bit for Sunday, I hope it is helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Seeya Wed.

Sample Meal Plan : Biweekly

M:  Broccoli, Cheddar, and Chicken Braid
T:  Crockpot Mac and Cheese with Ham and Peas       Bake Bread
W:  Cowboy Casserole
Th:  Stromboli
F:  Home Alone                                                            Pear Crisp
S:  Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Su:  Pizza Muffins with Dipping Sauce
M:  Broccoli Cheese Soup
T:  Bacon Ranch Crockpot Chicken, Green Beans        Bake Bread
W:  Beef Dip Sandwiches
Th:  French Toast, Bacon, Eggs
F:  Home Alone                                                            Strawberry Shortcake
S:  Enchiladas
Su:  Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment