Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Compost, It Does a Garden Good

As so many other gardeners have been told and have learned over the years compost is great! I agree fully! Knowing I wanted to start composting I did a quick search to see how much a ready to go composting unit  cost, and got sticker shock, to buy one is not cheap at all. So I began racking my brain to figure out how to make one. I wanted a something contained because I didn't want a pile of stuff in the yard. Finally, after quite a while I figured out a solution. Concrete blocks!!! We have tons of them all over the place collected from lord knows where. So I put them to use! My compost bin has 2 sections, one for now, and one for later. When the compost in one has fully broken down I don't want to add new stuff to it is the reason for 2 bins. Here are some pictures I took to give you readers an idea. It hasn't fully settled yet, but its getting there! Happy Composting!


1 comment: