Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

Sorry for the hiatus guys, but holidays just put me in the mood for crafting and family time, not computer time! I've actually really enjoyed my two weeks pretty much unplugged (from the computer at least.) Might have to try it more often.

And so, we find ourselves in a new year (2012! No way!), and along with the new year seems to come the endless resolutions, promises of fitness, healthful eating, stopping smoking, you name it. While I feel these are worthy goals, sometimes we set unobtainable goals for ourselves, and are confronted with disappointment when we fail to achieve them. And so, I bring you:

Sarah's List of 10 Somewhat-Lofty, But Mostly Easy, Goals For the New Year

Goal 1: Every other month is "No Buying Craft Supplies Month." Although I will make allowances for emergencies (birthdays, etc, not emergencies like "OMG, I have to make this!), every other month I commit myself to not buying random craft crap. Sad that this is my #1, but it will probably be the hardest.

Goal 2: No soda within 4 hours of waking. Sad again, but necessary. Really, I'd like to phase soda out entirely, but I'll accept no morning soda if that doesn't work out. 
Goal 3: Do my dishes by the end of each day. I'm pretty good about this, but sometimes I'm lazy. I need to cut that out. 

Goal 4: Make a chore calendar. Sadly needed. I think if I keep it to one big task per day, I can do it. It would be awesome to make this a spin-off craft project and do embroidered dish towels depicting the chores I've chosen. Nerd. 
Goal 5: Ditto with pet care. I think just formulating the list will help me solidify a schedule. 

 Goal 6: Be physically active every day. This should be easy this semester at least, as I am taking an Ag course on sheep that involves working out on EKU's farm for a certain number of hours each week. This is my favorite way to work out ;-)

Goal 7: Cook more every week. Keep track of how many meals I cook, and try to increase that number every week. And, of course, eat more vegetables. I'm moving sort of towards the Paleo diet, but I have way too much dairy to deal with to go full-scale. Cutting back on starches and carbs should help though.

Goal 8: Sleep no more than 8 hours a night. The world could be ending this year, I would hate to sleep through the last year! Plus, I sleep too much.

Goal 9: Keep my room clean. Because I am 12 and need to be reminded to do so. Or maybe this one should be "Get rid of enough clothes that they can all fit in the spaces which are provided." I really thought about "Have no more than 6 pairs of non-wool socks", but that seems like the easy way out. Sweaters and jackets really need to be cleared out. I have a problem with having dozens of both. Maybe this should just be "Have less crap." I like that.

Goal 10: Don't overdo it. Sometimes hard to remember with all these lists and such, but I need to remember to just relax sometimes. I think we all do.


Bun sure knows how to relax ;-) 

Happy New Year, Y'all. Looking forward to another year of homemaking-goodness with you fine folks!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment