Monday, January 23, 2012

Warm Hands Warm Hearts!!!!

Now that Christmas is over I can start posting about gifts that I crafted! The first one is going to be hand warmers!!! I made these as a present for my blogging partner, but I don't know if she has even gotten them, US postal service is not what it use to be! These are so easy to make I had everything laying around the house that I needed. Supplies you need are scrap material, rice, a needle, pins, and thread. To make them warm put them in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. They hold their heat for 45 minutes to an hour!

Step one: Cut out 4 of the same sized shapes, I chose hearts because they went with the theme I was going with, which was warm hands warm heart.
Step 2: Pin fabric back to back with the fabric front on the inside.
Step 3: Sew around the outer edge using small stitches, leave a hole. I found it easiest to leave the hole at the point of the heart.
Step 4: Turn outside in.
Step 5: Fill with rice.
Step 6: Stitch the hole closed! And you are all done!


No comments:

Post a Comment