Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ants in my pants!

Hey everyone! Yay for Thursday posting, which I can actually remember!

Today, I have a pretty girly post! You know what I hate, as a girl? Jeans that NEVER fit right. If they fit through the hips and thighs, they're huge in the waist, and vice-versa. I also have a ridiculously large difference between my hips and waist, which makes it even harder! I don't know why they seem to build jeans only for straight up and down people, but they do!

Anyway, the other day on Pinterest*, I saw a post about tailoring the back of your jeans with... get this... elastic. No joke, elasticizing your jeans. Like a 4 year old. I have a particularly notorious pair of jeans, in which I always feel like I'm flashing people my buttocks, or like I could store snacks in the extra space... so I decided to try it.

Yes. I put elastic in my jeans.

And you know what? I LOVE IT. No joke, best thing ever. Here are some butt pictures to prove it. Really. I put pictures of my butt on the internet. Anything in the name of crafts.



Lays flat!



Look, mom, no gap!

So how did I do it? HOW DID I CREATE SUCH MAGICAL TROUSERS, YOU ASK?

Easy.



All it is is a piece of elastic in the waistband. You cut two slits (I lined mine up with the outside edge of the pockets, but I might go all the way to the sides next time), insert the elastic, and sew the elastic down on each side!



TADA! I used crazy thread, just in case it sucked and I had to rip it out.

I did have to take the Levi's label off mine, since it was sewn through the waistband, but I'm fine with that. I don't want your stinkin labels on me anyway!



They look a little bit like kid's pants when they're laying flat, but they look just fine when they're on, and I never wear anything short enough to show the top of my pants anyway! BRILLIANT.

*Pinterest.com is an awesome website. It's basically a way to bookmark websites and pictures and share them with other people. There are always great recipes, decorating tips, craft ideas, you name it! You can find both Patricia and I wasting a lot of time on there ;-)

In less-exciting news, my vanilla is coming along nicely!



Hurray!

I also set up a little craft corner in my new room today, so I can keep on craftin while I keep on movin!



That's all, kiddos! See you on Monday!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous!! I believe I have extolled the virtues of elastic in the waist in the past but awesome to have a way to modify a waist.I have several pairs on which to try this out! Thanks!! :-)Mom

    ReplyDelete