Friday, September 2, 2011

Its Girl Scout Mania!

Sorry I have been slacking in my posting duty, but I have been living and breathing Girl Scouts for the past week. Seriously! This week alone I have had 2 separate training days. Plus I have been doing tons of prep work for my own Daisy troop which will have its first meeting on the 12th! I am very excited to be a troop leader, being able to mold girls into great leaders is a wonderful duty.  We are going to do some really awesome stuff this year! Our first day trip will be to Coast Fest in October, so much fun. It is put on by the GA Dept. of Resources and is a wealth of knowledge learned through fun activities, all about our coastal area!

So with all this training, prep work, and general running amuck, I have been fixing lots of soups and stews and crock pot meals for the family that can be frozen for later when things get really nuts. I added it all up and I have about 5-6 soups, stews, and chowders on the meal plan just for this pay period, crazy right? I think I might have a soup problem. The last soup I made was good old fashioned Chicken Noodle.

Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients List, because I don't really measure anything.

A whole chicken (bone in)
Seasonings of your choice (its really hard to go wrong here)
Water
Celery (I usually use a full head cut up)
fresh cut Carrots
Fresh or frozen Peas
Egg Noodles

Directions:
Place chicken in pot with water and seasonings let simmer until fully cooked, remove chicken from water, set aside to cool. Add carrots, cut up celery, and peas. While this simmers de bone the chicken. Add Chicken back into the pot. Add egg noodles, let simmer until egg noodles are cooked, and tada yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment