Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello Everyone! I'm not trying to step on Patricia's toes, but I'm late from Friday! I have a pretty good excuse though, I'm MOVING! Agh! One of my co-workers and I are going to live together as a trial run. She has a big 2 bedroom town house, so I'm moving in to her spare room. If I get my house, she might move in with me, or if we decide we like living together but need more space, we'll look for a bigger place. Exciting stuff. I moved my bed and animals this afternoon, minus one cat, who is hiding SOMEWHERE. No idea where.

My room looks so clean though. It will not look like this for very long...



Last night, instead of actually packing, I worked on my trash find bunny hutch. I pulled this dresser off of the side of the road (actually right in front of my new apartment) and I've been planning on making it into a 2 story bunny condo for Boo Boo. I gutted it, but hadn't done anything to it... I went crazy though, and now it's almost done!



Sorry for the night phone pictures, but, well, it was night. And I was on my phone.

So, the top floor is going to be for food and water, then there's the ramp down. On the bottom floor, I'm going to hide his litter box behind the ramp. I think I've decided to make the bottom totally enclosed with an access door to clean litter and let him out. The top has a flip up screen door for filling up food and water. The back is all chicken wire so he gets plenty of circulation. Everything is cut for the bottom enclosure, but I charged my drill all night without actually having it plugged in :-/ Oops.

In crafty news, I made a CUTE baby set for my friend's adorable baby. I used this
tutorial, which was super-easy.



Next time I think I'll try to make the lining separate so that there are no interior seams, but we'll see. With the leftovers (all of this was from 2 fat quarters), I made ruffles for the neckline of a onesie too.



Oh baby stuff. Love it.

I also made a ruffled shirt for myself, out of two $3 shirts from Meijer. It was just a practice, but next time I'll measure the layers better. I still like it though!

In fun news, I got a hilarious picture of my porcelain crab riding a conch. He's a trooper. Yeee Haw!!



Hope you guys had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment