Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pine Cone Bird Feeders!


This week has been super productive for me! Yay! Some things I have done, I made a test pine cone bird feeder, I cut down a man's shirt into usable pieces, and I scooped the seeds out of my acorn squash and put them out to dry so they are ready for planting in the spring! I made a test feeder because tomorrow my scout troop will be making them and I wanted to see how they would turn out and how much time it would take me, so I can double the time for them. The shirt is actually one that belonged to my Daddy, he passed away in 08 and I am finally getting around to going through stuff we just put up into storage after he passed. There are a ton of dress shirts, so that means a ton of fabric for me to use, once I break them all down of course. Last but not least, I have acorn squash seeds! I bought an acorn squash a while back to eat and finally got around to eating it last night, so instead of wasting perfectly good seeds I went ahead and laid them all out to dry for the spring! Keep checking our blog for fun pictures of my girls making their own pine cone feeders! That's all for me folks! I will leave you with a picture tutorial of the feeders, and a couple of shots of my other completed projects!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm going to have to try this. Tomorrow my troop is planting bell pepper seeds. However, this weekend we personally planted garlic chives, cilantro, spicy cherry peppers, carrots, poblano peppers, broccoli,and roma tomatoes. We already have green beans growing, butternut squash getting bigger, peppers of all kinds growing like crazy and tons of pumpkin flowers but no pumpkins yet. Oh and 3 little okra trees.

    ReplyDelete